- HECM Counseling Certificate
- Photo ID – Driver's License or State ID or Passport
- Social Security Card or Medicare Card
- Homeowners Insurance Policy
These Documents may be needed:
- Most recent mortgage/equity line loan statement
- Property Tax bill – depending on the lender
- Power of Attorney/copy of trust agreemetn/guardianship
- Death Certificate – if deceased spouse is still on deed
- Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate – due to several last names
In some rare cases, income/asset statements may be needed – depends on the lender.
By gathering these documents beforehand your loan process will go much faster and easier.
If you do not have the documents needed, let your reverse mortgage professional know as soon as possible.